Tuesday 4 March 2014

My new paperback


The long-time readers of this blog might remember that I began a paperback project last April for my book Which way to love. For one reason or another, the project took a long time to finish. The book is my worst selling so I wasn’t in a hurry with it. Mostly though, the delay was because I wasn’t happy with the original cover and didn’t have time to design a new one. I made a new e-book cover eventually, but it was still quite an operation to make a paperback version of it too. It wasn’t until January this year that I had all the pieces together, the insides and outsides, and was ready to upload everything to CreateSpace.

It’s not quite as fast an operation to publish a paperback as it is to publish an e-book. There were all kinds of verifications to ensure the book met the qualifications. And once everything was in order and the book published, I had to wait for weeks for the book to arrive from across the world.

Now it’s finally here. I’m very happy with the insides, where everything looks just as I wanted, but the cover has some eyesores. They are my mistakes, however, some photo processing errors that didn’t show in the original file, but which the print repeats faithfully. Otherwise Im happy with it, the colours are exactly like in the original and the matte finish is very nice. Still, I may have to redo the cover – one of these days.


In the meanwhile, I know the process now. I only have to repeat it, preferably without mistakes, and have the rest of my books in print too.

No comments:

Post a Comment