Monday 24 February 2014

Spring clean

The spring isn’t here yet, not in my country anyway, but we have had such a lousy winter that I decided to start the spring clean early. I have revamped my blog. It was due sooner or later, but now it serves the purpose of countering the mud and rain too.


The blog has a new theme, for one; a beautiful, wintry landscape, maybe from Japan. I liked the picture, but if I had known how difficult it would be to find a font colour for the title and description lines that actually shows, I would have reconsidered. As it is, I hope the text is legible.

A bigger change is the name of the blog. It has been called Writer’s Block from the beginning, which I used to find amusing, but have since grown bored with. So now the name is Susanna Writes. I’m not entirely happy with that either, but I thought Susanna Shore Author would be too stiff. The name change follows the similar move I made on my reading blog last week. It’s now called Susanna Reads. I’m consistent, if nothing else. 

I still have one great change ahead of me. I changed the administrator from one e-mail account to another, both mine, so that I’d be able to link this blog with my Google+ profile. I want to delete the original administrator, but I fear that it would delete all the posts too. 

Anticipating the change, I have re-uploaded all the pictures, because they definitely will disappear otherwise. Going through all the old posts has made me see that the loss wouldn’t be unbearable if the posts disappeared, but I’d rather they didn’t. However, if the blog suddenly ceases to exist, you’ll know what has happened.

So, this is my spring clean. Do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment