Monday 2 December 2013

A new look

My website has a new look – again. Readers of this blog may recall the previous redesign that was pretty trying. This time everything went smoothly and painlessly, the changes more cosmetic than structural.

The biggest change is the colour scheme. The first two versions were red, to reflect the name of the site, Crimson House Books. This time round, I went with blue. I had a beautiful picture of wolves and I used its petrol shade.  It’s the same colour I had used for links in the earlier version so I didn’t have to change those.

I used part of the picture in the sidebar on the left and repeated it in full on the bottom right corner of the front page. The latter has already divided opinions, with me for it and my husband and sister against.

Another great difference is that I gave up the separate pages for my two pen names. I didn’t have time to update them and the same information was on the main page anyway. Other than that, I reorganised the elements on the front page. I think it looks more orderly this way. Take a look and tell me what you think. Should the wolf picture on the right stay or go?

You can find a sample of A Wolf of Her Own there as well. It’s chapter two, so the subscribers of my newsletter have something new to read too.

The book will be published in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment