Wednesday 13 February 2013

Recharging my batteries

I finally got my next book, the Warrior's Heart, to a point where I felt comfortable enough with it to send it to my editor, Lee Burton. For the first time, I had a deadline with him; he had other clients lined up so I was determined to keep it too. But it turned out that the book had a mind of its own and I shot past my deadline by over ten days. And that was even though I worked long days with my manuscript.

Deadlines aren't all bad. Some say they keep the world turning. I wouldn't have pushed that hard with the book if I hadn't had one. But now that the book is out of my hands, I find myself very exhausted. I most definitely don't have anything creative in me. So it's time to recharge the batteries for a few days. I'll head to the countryside and do some crosscountry skiing.

Oh, who am I kidding. I'll be sitting by a fireplace, catching up with my reading. I'll be back next week.


1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel. After my fourth rewrite of my book, I didn't even want to look at it anymore or read another sentence. When my wife did one last read, she could say any three words and I could tell her what page it was on lol.

    Your stuff looks fantastic! Keep up the good work. Awesome site.

    ReplyDelete