Monday 17 December 2012

Here be the cover

I got the manuscript for ‘Which way to love?’ back from my editor. That means, it’s time to reveal the cover. I’ve had one version on my web pages for a couple of days already, but this is the final version. Or as final as all my covers have been.

This is yet another of my own creations. Yes, I know I wrote in an earlier post that a sensible writer would hire a professional to do it. The truth is, however, that I love to design my own covers. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll learn how it’s done properly. It won't be for the lack of trying if I don't.

The book has a chick-lit vibe to it so I wanted an illustrated cover. I found wonderful illustrations on Dreamstime and combined them to this. Then I added some shading and the text. Colours took some extra planning, but in the end, I think I nailed it. The title colour repeats the woman’s shoes and file, and the author’s name fit both her and the background. All in all, I’m very happy with it. Knowing myself though, I’ll probably make some changes at some point, but for now, this is it. What do you think?



Which way to love? News agency love affairs.

"I don’t know why I thought turning my life upside down would save my marriage. But that was exactly what I was about to do."
 
Audrey Wright fears that her marriage is over. She knows that in order to save it she needs to change herself. While her photojournalist husband, Marcus, is on assignment to Kabul, she takes up a new job in the same news agency he works for.

The life of a junior correspondent for a large news agency is more eventful than she had expected and people there are more interesting than she had dared to hope for. There is Henrietta who needs a friend, and then there is Andrew who suddenly seems very enticing. And Marcus? Well, he seems more interested in her life than he has in ages.

But a war photographer's life is hazardous, as Audrey discovers to her horror. Will she be too late to save their marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment