Sunday 17 June 2012

Of changing my mind


The week has flown past. I was absolutely sure that it was only the other day I posted on this blog the last time, but it turns out that was on Monday. I have no idea what happened.

Ok, technically I do. I got distracted.

It started with changing my mind about which book I would publish next. I have a few manuscripts completed, each in need of more or even more revising. When I began in this self-publishing business, I went through them and made a schedule for publishing them. But when it came time to publish only the second book on that list, I had already changed my mind. I’ve been reading the forums for independent publishers on Amazon sites and I became convinced that it would be better to publish a shorter book for Hannah Kane first, instead of the full-length one that I had thought to publish.

So I started revising a manuscript for a romantic novella I'm tentatively calling ‘At her boss’s command’. That was one of the distractions, or two of them, if you count separately the deciding on which story to revise and then spending half a day trying to come up with a title for it that would sell and that wouldn’t have been used already. The latter turned out to be quite difficult, actually. Other distractions include trying to design the cover for the next book, for which I had to spend endless hours browsing for suitable photos, and trying to come up with an idea for Hannah’s personal websites.

Here I am, then, on Sunday, with a manuscript still on its early stages of revising, with no new cover to show or even the websites ready. But at least I got this blog post written.

No comments:

Post a Comment